Crowley Webb is looking for a full-time data analyst who is dedicated and proactive with a marketing, statistics, or research background. The ideal candidate loves data analysis, research, and numbers – and ultimately thrives on telling the story behind the numbers. Certain responsibilities may vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and skill set.
Read on to see if you have what it takes to join a company named one of Buffalo Business First’s Best Places to Work three years running and one of The Buffalo News’ Top Workplaces in 2022.
- Compile, organize, manage, and analyze data from various sources (e.g., Google Analytics, proprietary databases, survey research)
- Assist analytics team with daily and weekly client reports, including website metrics trackers and media and marketing campaign optimization analyses
- Support ad hoc analyses and report requests related to various data sources
- Conduct and assist with primary quantitative research projects, which can include questionnaire design, survey programming, analysis, and reporting
- Perform advanced statistics using data from survey results, internal databases, and software such as Microsoft Excel, SPSS, and MarketSight
- Identify significant differences, trends, and patterns in datasets to create interpretive reports that help make informed business decisions
- Use predictive analytics techniques to make projections based on historical data
- Master’s degree in business, statistics, math, social science, or marketing (doctoral degree a plus)
- Three to five years of experience working in a research, data analysis, or business analysis role
- Experience with statistical data analysis and ability to translate technical findings into language that non-analysts can easily understand
- Experience in setting up databases and ability to perform ETL (extract, transform, load)
tasks, preferably using SQL Server. Experience working with data warehouses is a plus but
- Background in primary quantitative or qualitative research and methodology, statistical analysis experience with SPSS software, survey programming knowledge using Qualtrics, and ability to design and write macros in Excel are all pluses but not required
- Strong critical thinking skills, especially in analyzing and interpreting data
- Flexible work style, as demonstrated by the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Superior attention to detail
At Crowley Webb, we believe that a mix of different experiences, backgrounds, and opinions makes for a healthier work environment and ultimately better work. For this reason, we actively seek to build a more diverse and inclusive employee base and do not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.