Crowley Webb is looking for a full-time proofreader/editor to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a stickler for details – someone who can spot a typo from a mile away. This person should also be a passionate practitioner of clear writing. As a member of the creative team, you’ll work with copywriters, designers, and account service folks to ensure the final product is error-free and of the highest caliber.
● Identifying and correcting grammatical, typographical, stylistic, and compositional errors in both copy and layout
● Proofreading a variety of communications, including ads, blogs, websites, press releases, presentations, and new business proposals – essentially anything we create
● Editing copy as needed to improve the overall product
● Assisting copywriters by proofreading and editing creative copy prior to the layout stage
● Creating, maintaining, and adhering to editorial style guides for client accounts to ensure a consistent presentation across all communications
● Performing as the writer on an as-needed basis for projects
● Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field
● Three or more years of proofreading/editing experience preferred
● Firm grasp of grammar, spelling, and punctuation, as well as a strong working vocabulary
● Knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style and The Associated Press Stylebook
● Proven ability to work within tight deadlines
● Familiarity with pharmaceutical terms a plus but not required
At Crowley Webb, we believe that a mix of different experiences, backgrounds, and opinions makes for a healthier work environment and ultimately better work. For this reason, we actively seek to build a more diverse and inclusive employee base and do not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.